D.O. and M.D.
Here are some basic facts about D.O.s and M.D.s:
- Both D.O.s and M.D.s spend four years in medical school.
- Both D.O.s and M.D.s take the MCAT and are subject to a rigourous application process.
- Both must pass a state licensing examination to practice medicine.
- D.O.s and M.D.s perform surgery, deliver children, treat patients, prescribe medications.
What we can do for you...
In order for us to truly coordinate your care it is important that we have all of your medical records. For this reason we ask that you inform us of any medical care you receive outside of our office. To request that outside records are transferred to our office or to have your records from our office shared with another care provider please contact our records department at 941-744-5510.
We offer an array of "in-house" services to meet the needs of our patients including:
- Routine and Same Day Appointments
- After Hours on-call Service
- Routine Physical Exams & Sports Physicals
- EKGs, Holter Monitoring, Spirometry
- Laboratory Services
- Dermatology Procedures
- Sports Medicine and Musculoskeletal Injury Assessments
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment Testing
For more information on our services, please contact our office at
Most insurances accepted.
We at Cooper Family Medical know that it can be confusing and overwhelming to find insurance. Therefore should you find yourself needing further information about your insurance options we will be happy to try and assist you.
To all patients with limited English proficiency where language assistance is needed, assistance is available for the top 15 languages as shown listed below:
Spanish, French Creole, Russian, Vietnamese, Arabic, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese, German, French, Korean, Tagalog, Polish, Thai, Gujarati
Please notify us of your request prior to your scheduled appointment in order to allow us an appropriate amount of time to accommodate your specific needs.