What can you expect?
In a medical home, you and your team at Cooper Family Medical will work together. As an active member of the team, you will have a chance to explain the things that are really important to you.
- Your team at Cooper Family Medical can answer questions and help you better understand your health care needs.
- If you need to get help from other doctors, your team will support you every step of the way.
- When you have concerns about your health, your medical home team will work with you to determine the best way to deal with them.
Together, you and your Cooper Family Medical team can work on a plan that:
- Is personalized or created just for you
- Is coordinated with other health care providers
- Connects you with your health care team
During your appointment...
- Write down the names of your Cooper Family Medical team members, providers, nurses, and lab personnel.
- Use a list of questions you’ve written down. Ask your most important questions ﬁrst. Even if you cannot get all of your answers on the ﬁrst visit, having a list will help you keep track of the answers.
- Talk with your team about what health issue to work on ﬁrst.
- Use your own words to repeat back the things you’ve discussed with your team. This way, both you and your team will know the information is clear.
- Ask your Cooper Family Medical team about how to reach them after hours.
- Before you leave the ofﬁce, be sure you know the things you need to work on before your next appointment.
Working with your team may improve the quality of your health care and shorten the time it takes to get that care.
Your medical home can:
- Write down the names of your team members.
- Help you manage your health care
- Help answer your health questions
- Listen to your concerns
- Work with other medical experts if necessary
- Coordinate your care through additional services
- Encourage you to play an active part in your own health care.
What can you do to help?
- Be an active team player. Talk with your team about your health questions.
- Follow the health care plan you and your team have talked about. Make sure you understand how to follow the plan.
- Talk openly with your team. Tell a Cooper Family Medical team member if you are having trouble sticking with your care plan.